Green Operations WithinSustainability cannot only be limited to brick-and-mortar solutions; you need a commitment to operational solutions as well.
At the Limelight Hotel Snowmass, we operate the hotel with green initiatives in mind. For instance, we’ve eliminated single-use plastic water bottles from our rooms. Quite frankly, our mountain spring water tastes better pumped straight from the tap. For your convenience, we have reusable water bottles for sale at the front desk.
But that's just one small way we've promoted sustainability from within. We've also:
- Implemented and encouraged a linen re-use policy in our guest rooms;
- Refused the use of 1.5-oz shampoo and soap bottles from the beginning, instead opting for refillable dispensers in guest bathrooms using the high-end bath products our guests would expect;
- Eliminated plastic straws and converted all to-go containers and disposable drinkware to compostable products only in the restaurant;
- Utilized a local delivery company to source food products directly from regional farms;
- Installed hand dryers in public area lounge restrooms to eliminate washing of hand towels of up to 250 pounds of laundry during peak days;
- Replaced disposable paper towels in guest rooms with a reusable dish towel;
- Offer a subsidized bus pass program for employees to encourage them to leave cars at home.